Of partcular interest are the ancestors and descendants of
- Solomon Royes (1774-1842), London and St Helier; and last names Hougham, Mordaunt, Sanigear, Luther, Bell, Turner and Bravo;
ATTENTION HOUGHAM/HUFFAM RESEARCHERS: This tree follows only those Hougham or Huffam branches of interest to the Royes branch (about 1000). A more complete Hougham family tree (26,000+ entries) can be found at The Hougham/Huffam Family Tree
- James Russell (1784-1851+), Larne, Northern Ireland, and last names Myles, McFerran, Livingstone, Wiley, Espie, McClarnon, Hogan and...
- James Roy (born between 1815 and 1828), Co Antrim, Northern Ireland;
- James Clements (1760-1834) and Mary Houston, Northern Ireland, and last names Girvan, Gamble, Snoddy, Logan, Hamill, Selby, Terry and Simms.
is a random selection from the database:
: A "Comparative Chart" shows how the Houghams link back to the Dukes of Normandy, and then how the Dukes of Normandy link into the British Royal line.
: The surnames Hougham, Mordaunt and Royes occur as part of the first names of 71 people in the family tree, indicating an awareness of family heritage or a desire to preserve the names. This report
list those people.
Featured Most Wanted
: Our earliest Roy is James, father of James, John and Thomas. James jr was born in Co Fermanagh, Ireland about 1850. We have two candidates for a James Roy in Co Fermanagh at that time - one from Royal Ulster Constabulary files and one from a Civil Marriage Registration. Or maybe it is the same person? See the notes under Most Wanted
and James Roy
If you have any questions or comments about the information on this site, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
for relationships used in this web site (and in newsletters):
- 2C1R = 2nd cousin once removed, 1C3R = (first) cousin three times removed, etc.
- 3G ... = great great great ... [but 2G grandparent rather than 3G parent]
To aid in recognizing family connections, a person's relationship to Maurie Roy or May Royes is noted.
[Place cursor over scrolling text to pause it.]
The following anniversaries are privacy protected so what you can see depends on your logged-in status.
See ALL events for this day
Current Family Links newsletter is
#30 - October 2015
[published three times a year]