Est 1885 -
Set As Default Person
||Mary Clements |
||Minnie, Molly |
||Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland
- Birth registration gives mother's name as Gamble
- She is known to have been the youngest child.
||31 Mar 1901
||2 Curran and Drumalis, Larne, Antrim Northern Ireland 
||2 Apr 1911
||Drumalis St, Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland 
- In Larne Memories (see article in Media> Histories), Joy Logan refers to an Aunt Minnie whose children were Carmichaels and who had a granddaughter Muriel Peterson. I am assuming that Aunt Minnie is Mary Clements. Joy also refers to her having remarried a Mulholland and I have added that name. "Uncle Bryce" is mentioned with Aunt Minnie, so I have assumed he is Bryce Mulholland. 
||Roy~Royes | Clements
||26 Oct 2015 |
b. Abt Feb 1841, Antrim, Northern Ireland
d. Mar 1917, Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland (Age ~ 76 years)
b. Est 1849, Antrim, Northern Ireland
d. Antrim, Northern Ireland
||Antrim, Northern Ireland
||Marriage certificate: Houston Clements and Agnes Jamison
- 1901 Census: Residents of a house 2 in Curran and Drumalis (Larne, Antrim)
|Surname||Forename||Age||Sex||Relation to head||Religion|
- According to the poem written in tribute to Houston and Agnes, "some" of the young have "flown away.. far across the sea."
- There are two Houston Clements with wife Agnes:
Houston and Agnes Jamison had two sons:
1866: Hugh born in Ballynure;
1868 James born in Ballynure (in the 1901 census his family are in Larne).
Houston and Agnes Gamble had five children:
1871 Elizabeth Gamble born in Larne;
1873 Agnes born Co Antrim presumably Larne;
1878 Robert born in Larne;
1881 Houston born in Larne;
c1885 Mary born in Larne
We have speculated that the Agnes Jamison and Agnes Gamble are the same person - you will notice that the birth order of the children could suggest that. However, I have separated them into two families because:
1. the children of Agnes Gamble are reported not to have known anything about the two born to Agnes Jamison;
2. although the birth places are not far from each other they are different.
I have nevertheless kept the Clements-Jamison family in the Roy~Royes data for the time being even though they do not link to anyone else in the data.
||Houston and Agnes (Gamble) Clements|
||Tribute to Mr & Mrs Houston Clements|
with fondest memories from their Scotch friend, Geordie. Since all of the children have flown the nest, the poem must be later than about 1908.
||Logan-Clements Family History 3: The Clements Family|
One of the oldest families in County Antrim
a tribute to Hugh Wiley on his 80th birthday
||Family Group | Family Chart
b. 6 Jan 1882, Ballyloran, Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland
d. 1915, Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland (Age 32 years)
||19 Dec 1902
||Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland 
- Gardenmore Presbyterian Church 
- Are the children Mary and Molly the same person?
||15 Feb 2015 14:20:20 |
||Family Group | Family Chart
- [S373] Census Ireland 31 Mar 1901.
- [S10] Census Ireland 2 Apr 1911.
- [S50] Joy (Jocelyn) Logan, Larne Memories.
- [S378] Family Trees Carmichael Family Tree (ancestry.com).
- [S372] Ireland, Civil Registration Marriages Index, 1845-1958.