1893 - 1987 (94 years)
Set As Default Person
||Olive Grace McArthur |
||Armidale, NSW, Australia [1, 2]
||McCarthy - see note under Hugh McArthur http:/ royroyes.net getperson.php?personID=I2137&tree=rr_tree |
||Maitland, NSW, Australia
||Roy~Royes | Cameron
||18 Mar 2011 |
b. 27 Apr 1855, Sydney, NSW, Australia
d. 11 Jul 1929, Armidale, NSW, Australia (Age 74 years)
b. 7 Jul 1855, At sea
d. 5 Apr 1956, Armidale, NSW, Australia (Age 100 years)
||28 Aug 1875
||Morpeth, NSW, Australia 
- McCarthy is used as the surname for both the groom and his father - wedding in the residence of Thomas May by the Rev E.D. Madgwick (Wesleyan)
||Parental permission to marry - Hugh McCarthy
Note use of McCarthy by both father and son
Parental permission was required because Hugh was under 21 years of age
||Marriage Certificate for Hugh McCarthy (McArthur) and Gloriana Way
Note the use of McCarthy by both son and father
- McArthur was used by Hugh's father on arrival in Sydney in 1841 but uses McCarthy when son Hugh is married in Morpeth in 1875. McCarthy then appears to have been used until the mid 1890s, when McArthur begins to be used.
||Hugh (1855-?) and Gloriana (Way) (1855-1955) McArthur and family and friends|
||Registrations of births indicating the use of the name McCarthy|
Adelaide E[lizabeth] is a daughter of Hugh and Glorianna - perhaps "Glorianna" was misread as "Laura A"?
||Family Group | Family Chart
- [S85] NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages V18921691 159/1892 McArthur.
- [S85] NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages 4083/1893 McCarthy.
- [S307] Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1949 (Ancestry.com).