Abt 1692 - Abt 1751 (~ 59 years)
Set As Default Person
||Lestrange Mordaunt  |
||Rochester, Kent, England 
||7 Aug 1749
||Rochester, Kent, England
||Will of L'Estrange Mordaunt
||12 Apr 1750
||Abt 1751 
||27 Jun 1751
||Islington, London, England
- Of the Tower of London. The Liberty of the Tower of London was an area around the Tower which enjoyed privileges and exemptions from the jurisdiction of the City of London and County of Middlesex authorities.
His daughters are described as spinsters when his will was proved 27 Jun 1751.
According to Mordaunt researcher Henry Mordaunt, it is possible that our L'Estrange is descended from George Mordaunt, brother of a L'Estrange the first of the Mordaunt baronets. See Henry's website at http://www.mordaunt.me.uk/
See Mordaunt Baronets at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordaunt_Baronets 
- Commissioned Sea Officers of the Royal Navy 1660-1815 has an entry for L’Estrange Mordaunt:
L (Lieutenant?) 31 Jan 1706
CR (Commander/Commodore?) 1 Mar 1740
This makes his date of birth in the early 1690s or earlier, his daughters born when he was about 37-42, and he dies about 61+. “Gone” is clearly after his death but may be an “administrative date”. 
- Reference:C 11/2593/10
Short title: Mordaunt v Mordaunt.
Document type: Bill and two answers.
Plaintiffs: Lestrange Mordaunt, gent of St Margaret Rochester, Kent (youngest son of Sir John Mordaunt bart, formerly of St James Clerkenwell, Middlesex, but late of St Mary Islington, Middlesex, deceased) and Sarah Mordaunt his wife.
Defendants: John Mordaunt, esq, Dame Elizabeth Mordaunt, widow and John Steell.
Date of bill (or first document): 1723
Note: The naming of a party does not imply that he or she will appear in all the documents in this cause (after the bill) Date: 1723 Held by: The National Archives, Kew Legal status: Public Record 
- Reference:C 11/2398/27
Short title: Mordaunt v Steele.
Document type: Answer only.
Plaintiffs: Lestrange Mordaunt, gent and Sarah Mordaunt his wife.
Defendants: John Steele, gent.
Date of bill (or first document): 1726
Note: The naming of a party does not imply that he or she will appear in all the documents in this cause (after the bill) Date: 1726 Held by: The National Archives, Kew Legal status: Public Record 
||Roy~Royes | Mordaunt
||18 Mar 2015 |
b. Abt 1700
d. Bef 1737, Kent, England (Age ~ 36 years)
||25 Jul 1721
||Rochester, Kent, England 
||7 Dec 2010 00:00:00 |
||Family Group | Family Chart
|Married - 25 Jul 1721 - Rochester, Kent, England
|Registration - 1734 - Rochester, Kent, England
|Married - 25 Aug 1737 - Chalk, Kent, England
|Will - 7 Aug 1749 - Rochester, Kent, England
|Probate - 27 Jun 1751 - Islington, London, England
|| : Address
: Not Set
- [S244] Henry Mordaunt, More Mordaunts.
- [S8] UK, Poll Books and Electoral Registers, 1538-1893 .
- [S253] Diane Gwilliams, Mordaunt, Lestrange (Gwilliams).
- [S263] The National Archives (UK) C 11/2593/10.
- [S263] The National Archives (UK) C 11/2398/27.
- [S312] England & Wales Marriages, 1538-1940 Place: Rochester, Kent, England; Collection: St Margaret; Date Range: 1720 - 1721; Film Number: 1469266.
- [S312] England & Wales Marriages, 1538-1940 Place: Chalk, Kent, England; Date Range: 1726 - 1737; Film Number: 992459..