Est 1862 - 1937 (~ 75 years)
Set As Default Person
||Caroline Ada Royes  |
||St Ann, Jamaica
||24 Nov 1913
||Kingston, Surrey, Jamaica 
|Also known as
||Caroline Adelaide |
||Isle of Wight, England 
- Described as only daughter of Hon Charles John Royes in a record of her marriage 
- "Doocie" is assumed to be a nickname for Caroline Ada - see family note for her parents. Note that if this information is correct she was brought up by the Cameron family after the death of her mother when she was perhaps only one year old.
||Roy~Royes | Hougham, Mordaunt, Royes, Jamaican Royes
||13 Feb 2016 |
||Charles John Royes, sr|
b. 18 Sep 1813, St Botolph without Aldersgate, London, England
d. 4 May 1877, Windsor, St Ann, Jamaica (Age 63 years)
b. Est 1832
d. 23 Aug 1863, Coronation Tce, Ilfracombe, Devon, England (Age ~ 31 years)
- Date assumed to be prior to birth of first child
- From Norman Cameron Moore (edited): Bravo had a great friend, Royce [Charles John Royes sr], who built a house and bought an estate Windsor at St. Anne's Bay for his wife and daughter, Doocie [Caroline Ada]. Royce's wife died and he sold Windsor to Bravo who gave it to his daughtter [Louise] and her husband [John R Cameron] and family. Doocie was brought up with the Cameron family and subsequently married a Scottish Militia Colonel [William] GUILD who had a "farm" at NORTH BERWICK (Castle Mains) where we went to visit when we lived in EDINBURGH. Willie and Doocie Guild had three children (Madge [Margaret de Hougham], Sybil, Royse [John Royes]).
||Family Group | Family Chart
b. 25 Jan 1857, Dundee, Scotland
d. 5 Jan 1948, Isle of Wight, England (Age 90 years)
||19 Oct 1881
||St George Hanover Square, London, England 
| ||1. Margaret de Hougham Guild|
b. 20 May 1884, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
d. 1 Jun 1958 (Age 74 years)
|+||2. Sybil Guild|
b. Est 1887, Eton, Buckinghamshire, England
d. 25 Oct 1953, Penzance, Cornwall, England (Age ~ 66 years)
| ||3. John Royes Guild, DSO|
b. 25 May 1888, Dirleton, East Lothian, Scotland
d. 27 Oct 1969 (Age 81 years)
||William Guild and Caroline Ada Royes extract|
Extract from Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain: together with Members of the Titled & Non-titled Contemporary Establishment. Note that there are two other names numbered 2b and 2c that would normally mean children of two siblings of William, but they are not listed
||6 Jun 2013 00:00:00 |
||Family Group | Family Chart
- [S274] Peter Beauclerk Dewar, Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain: together with Members of the Titlesd & Non-titled Contemporary Establishment (Burke's Peerage, 2001), p571.
- [S15] UK, Outward Passenger Lists, 1890-1960.
- [S91] Ancestry.com (Ancestry.com), England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005 Vol 2b p893.
- [S274] Peter Beauclerk Dewar, Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain: together with Members of the Titlesd & Non-titled Contemporary Establishment (Burke's Peerage, 2001).
- [S148] FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1983 Vol 1a page 810.