Abt 1827 -
||James Roy |
- Born before 1830 if the father of James (abt 1850) and John (abt 1854).
Possible matches [with approx. age at birth of James, John and Thomas, if their father]:
a. abt 1827, died Apr-Jun 1896, Belfast [aged abt 23, 27 and 39]
b. 10 Dec 1827 at 1st Rathfriland Presbyterian (Co Down), son of James, address Drumdrinagh, Newry & Mourne, Co Down [aged abt 23, 27 and 39]
c. abt 1826, died Jan-Mar 1903, Downpatrick (Co Down) [aged abt 24, 28 and 40]
d. 17 Jul 1833 - son of John Roy and Esther Branaghan, Dromore, Co Down [age abt 17, 21 and 31]
||station master  |
- 1. Belfast City Council records a death of a James Roy 26 Jun 1896 aged 68
2 There is a gravestone for a James Roy died 1885 in Belfast (Shankil).
||Roy~Royes | Roy
|Same Person Link
||This person is also James Roy (I217) in the Roy Miscellaneous tree on this site |
This is probably not the same person unless the birth dates are wrong.
The father of Thomas Roy who married Jane Russell is James.
There are these possibilities for linking him to others:
1. James is the father of John Roy (whose photo appears among the photo collection of Sam Roy - which suggests a family relationship), and Sam's grandfather is James. This is how he is entered in the Roy~Royes tree.
2. James could be the son of John Roy (b 1791) and Mary Peel. However if James jr and John are Thomas's brother, as seems likely, then this James is a different person - he is born too late to be the father of all three. This link is to that James in the Roy miscellaneous tree.
||6 Feb 2013 |
|+||1. James Roy, b. Est 1850, Co Fermanagh, Northern Ireland , d. 17 Jul 1917, 116 Duncairn Gardens, Belfast, Northern Ireland – Age: ~ 67 years|
|+||2. John Roy, b. Abt 1854, Co Antrim, Northern Ireland , d. 20 Aug 1909, Station House, Duke St, Waterside, Londonderry, Northern Ireland – Age: ~ 55 years|
|+||3. Thomas Roy, b. Est 1864, Belfast, Co Antrim, Northern Ireland , d. 23 Jul 1889, Glengormley, Co Antrim, Northern Ireland – Age: ~ 25 years|
||21 Jan 2012 |
||1825 ROY |
Descendants of James Roy born abt 1827
- [S30] Ulster Historical Foundation, Marriage registration of son Thomas.