Abt 1864 - 1889 (~ 24 years)
Set As Default Person
||Thomas Roy |
||Abt Aug 1864
||Belfast, Northern Ireland 
||engine driver at the Cavehill and Whitewell Tramway: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-tram-trip-back-in-time-recovered-footage-from-early-1900s-depicts-city-streets-bustling-29959616.html  |
||Whitewell, Belfast, Northern Ireland
||23 Jul 1889
||Glengormley, Antrim, Northern Ireland 
- only son, Samuel, was 3 weeks old
- The death certificate states that he died as the result of being crushed between the tram engine and the shed door frame at Glegormley. The inquest was held on the 24th of July, the day after the accident. There are some medical terms on the certificate as to the exact injuries but it's very difficult to read the writing - we think it means he bled to death as a result of his injuries. 
||Aft 23 Jul 1889
||McGarel Cemetery, Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland 
||Thomas Roy, abt 1861-1889
Headstone erected by his wife, Jane Russell
- Killed in train accident when son Samuel was 3 weeks old.
||Roy~Royes | Elias-Roy, Roy, Roy-Fraser, Russell
||4 Apr 2017 |
b. Est 1862, Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland
d. 26 Aug 1934, Cairns, QLD, Australia (Age ~ 72 years)
||31 Mar 1886
||Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland
- 1st Presbyterian
Rev J Meek officiating
husband witness Hugh McDerran,
wife witness Margaret (Maggie) Russell (sister)
Husband Father Occupation given as Station Master
Both mothers' names blank
||Marriage registration of James Roy and Jane Russell
Note that Samuel Russell was a Tailor - not Sailor!
|+||1. Samuel Russell Roy|
b. 30 Jun 1889, Belfast, Northern Ireland
d. 30 Sep 1959, Brisbane, QLD, Australia (Age 70 years)
||PEDIGREE - HOGAN-Russell-Magee|
Pedigree chart showing the Hogan and Russell relationships
||23 Jul 2011 00:00:00 |
||Family Group | Family Chart
|Born - Abt Aug 1864 - Belfast, Northern Ireland
|Residence - 1886 - Whitewell, Belfast, Northern Ireland
|Married - 31 Mar 1886 - Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland
|Died - 23 Jul 1889 - Glengormley, Antrim, Northern Ireland
|Buried - Aft 23 Jul 1889 - McGarel Cemetery, Larne, Antrim, Northern Ireland
|| : Address
: Not Set
- [S338] Birth date estimated from stated age at date of death.
- [S412] Correspondence re: Roy Northern Ireland Ellie Roy.
- [S360] Ireland, Civil Registration Deaths Index, 1864-1958 Belfast Vol 1 p 259 Film # 101595.
- [S379] George Rutherford (compiler), RSJ Clarke (editor), Old Families of Larne and District (Ulster Historical Foundation), 186.
- [S437] Ireland, Select Marriages, 1619-1898.
- [S372] Ireland, Civil Registration Marriages Index, 1845-1958.