Registration and Logging In
Who can register? What does it cost? How do I register? What if I forget my user name? or my password?
Who can register? What does it cost?
- Anyone can register. Use the Login link in the left section of the menu bar.
- Registration is free.
- Being registered in itself will not give you access to information about living people. Registered users can be classified in several ways - the ones we use most commonly are:
- Guest - has no access to information about living people but does have some extra privileges like permanent bookmarks;
- Submitter - has access to information about living people within their branch, and can submit suggested edits
If the integrity of this site is to be maintained, and privacy not compromised, there are some "golden rules" for users. These should be seen as conditions of use and any abuse of these conditions will lead to de-registration.
- Do not give your user name and password to anyone else. Other people wanting access to the data should apply for registration themselves and get their own user name and password.
- Do not tick "Stay logged in on this computer" on a computer accessible by non-family members.
- Do not pass on information, photos, documents on this web site without checking for permission first - and keep in mind that not all the information and media is owned by me so I may need to get permission from others.
- Information and media on this site is offered free of charge. No fee is to be charged for information and media obtained from this site.
After you select the Login link, you will come to this form.
Select Register for a New Account.
The Registration application
After you select Register for a New User Account from the Login page, you will be presented with a "captcha" test to make sure you are a human!
Supply at least the required information and select Submit.
An email will be sent to the administrator. I'm afraid you will have to wait until I am able to process it. I would hope to do this within 24 hours but that cannot be guaranteed.
Processing your application
- The administrator will determine your access to information about living people based on whether you are a family member whose name appears in the family tree.
- The administrator will then set your access privileges in your registration profile.
In other words, there is a delay between your registration application and your access to data about living people.
- You will receive an email when your application has been processed.
Being registered does not give you access - you must log in.
Lost your password? user name?
Use the login page to retrieve your user name or password.
You must use the email address you registered with. If you have forgotten that you should contact the administrator (use the Contact me link in the Info menu) rather than re-register in order to retain your privileges setting. Administrators do not have access to your password - when you register your password is encrypted.