Using this site
Searching for Families
The Find drop-down menu/Search Families link provides a similar interface as searching for people and the tips below are virtually a repeat of what is there. A "family" does not imply that they are married or even in a relationship - the terms "father" and "mother" are used to allow for all possibilities, even same-sex relationships.
Each of the search categories provides several options (contains, equals, etc.) - and they are not all the same:
1. Names have the following options - be aware that when you search you will be using a combination of these for various name types:
2. Places have the same options as names without the soundex and metaphone options.
3. Year searches have the following options:
4. Other Search Criteria lists other marriage/family events in addition to the basic ones set out at the top of the search page.
5. Join with gives you the option of choosing AND (all your criteria must be in each result) or OR (results include anyone with any of your criteria). For example, if you wanted to search for people born OR died in Cairns, your would enter "Cairns" in the place for Birth and Death and select Join with: OR. Choosing AND will result in a list of people born AND died in Cairns.